Life is Funny



I'm participating in Wendy's Life is Funny carnival. Ready?

So yesterday after church, we decide to go somewhere swanky for lunch. Yes, that's right, Dairy Queen. We were waiting on our food, and because I have ovaries, I'm the one up getting the straws, napkins, ketchup, blah blah, while everyone else sits there and watches me.

An older woman and her friend were finishing up at a table near us and were just getting ready to leave when she sees Dane and Peyton sitting at the table. She says "Oh my word! Is that you?" and comes over to the table and gives Dane a big hug. He's enthusiastically saying to her "How are you? How long has it been?" She says "you're daughter is getting so big. Where is your wife?" He points to me and I wave and say hello as, in my head, I'm thinking, "who is this woman?"

She and her friend leave. I head back over to our table. I sit down and say, "who was that?" and Dane says, "I have NO idea..."

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

6 comments:

Peter P said...

LOL

Helen said...

Love it!
At my dad's wake, a friend he hadn't seen in 22 years showed up, in tears, asking if I remembered him....I was 23...
I said "It's been a looooong time, but....You are a friend of my father's, aren't you?" The man was so thrilled that I remembered him...
Ummm....Man with Hungarian accent shows up at my dad's wake and asks if I remember him...... Was I supposed to think he was one of mom's old boyfriends?

Wendy said...

Man, I need to do that to someone! Should I wait until I'm older so I can get away with it better though? Kinda sounds like something my mom's friend Valorie would do.

Kelli said...

That is awesome! Sounds like something Wendy would do!

katdish said...

Holy cow...

He played that well.

~*Michelle*~ said...

As someone who just went to their 24t reunion....(yikes!).....and had no clue on who half the people were....I totally know the feeling.