The Way I See It

So today I indulged in a Starbucks venti, that's right, VENTI, Cinnamon Dolce Latte and got to reading the quote on the back as I always do. I don't always agree with some of the things written on my coffee cups, but today's resonated with me. It said:

"Many people lack a spiritual belief system and fill that void with obsessions about celebrities. The celebrities are raised to the rank of gods, and these earthly gods will always fail the expectations the masses have set for them. The cycle runs thusly: adoration turns to obsession, obsession turns to disappointment, and from disappointment it is a just a short emotional jump to contempt."

-- Donna Phillips Freelance writer. She lives in Claremont, California.


I love it when I can get a great drink and be intellectually and spiritually challenged at the same time. And if you want to be challenged, but don't want the calories of a Cinnamon Dolce Latte, stop by the Starbucks site and read their pithy "The Way I See It" quotes :)

By the way, the quote I have is # 192...

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

1 comments:

Jonathan Blundell said...

Great post.
And to save the calories of the Cinnamon Latte I usually get the sugar free syrup and fat free milk.
Mmm that sounds really good right now.