It's ALL good, so why am I crying?

It's good crying. Good because this weekend affirmed blessings we are so grateful for...and a special season is winding down to an end, but not without a wonderful new season beginning.

For the last 3 years, Peyton has participated in the Children's Cancer Fund fashion show. The money raised goes to Children's Medical Center (where Peyton received treatment) to fund research for cures and less invasive treatment for childhood cancer. This year, Peyton walked the runway in the survivor parade. And it was awesome to see her get "promoted" to survivor within the CCF organization :)




The tiny little sweetheart is Averi...Peyton's buddy from treatment. Averi is actually a little bit older than Peyton, but unfortunately, her level of treatment required a bone marrow transplant when she was younger, and it has affected Averi's growth. What she lacks in height, she more than makes up for in spunk!

Peyton and former Dallas Cowboy, Daryl "Moose" Johnston. He was such a sweet man and took lots of pictures and gave lots of autographs to the kids.



This weekend also got the best of my emotions because I took Lindsay to visit a college she wants to attend. And I don't know how I'm supposed to prepare her for college when in my mind, she's still 6 years old...

Dane and I are proud alumni of Tarleton State University in Stephenville TX and for about a year now, Lindsay has been making noise about going there as well. Well, her bff in the whole wide world, Colton, got accepted a few weeks ago, so that sealed the deal for her, and now she REALLY wants to go. On Saturday, Tarleton hosted an event for potential students, so Lindsay, Colton, and Lindsay's friend PJ (also a potential student) and I went down for the event. I know Lindsay still has another year of high school left and I have some time to adjust to her leaving, but it was surreal being on campus with her and talking to her about what dorm she'd want to live in, what her major will be, etc. We had a great time and even though I'm sad and freaked out ;) I'm blessed to see her start getting her wings...

PJ, Lindsay and Colton. I told Colton not to act bad in this picture because it was going on my blog...he did it anyway....

Lindsay, Colton and PJ at the famous Chi-hua-hua's. It's legendary in Stephenville and Dane and I had many a date here when we were students.

Colton was a little tired after all the walking we did that day ;)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: